In this post we are going to discuss top 5 differences between Python and Golang programming language.
- Python is an interpreted language while golang is a compiled language.
As python is interpreted language, The python code has to be converted into a machine-readable form, by a program called interpreter, just before the time of execution. This makes python code platform independent and more flexible. Go is a compiled language, which means it needs to be build manually by a program called compiler, before execution. A language that is compiled tend to be faster than interpreted language. This is because the process of translating code well before run time reduces the overhead.
- Python has no memory management however Golang has good memory management. Python offers no memory management to be configured by the programmer. Python manages the memory automatically. However, Golang, offers a considerable amount of, control of the memory management, to the programmer.
- Python lacks in-built concurrency, but Golang provides in-built concurrency. Python has no in-built concurrency, but Golang has in-built concurrency. Concurrency feature of a programming language allows multiple processes to be executed simultaneously, during a period of time.
- Python is dynamically typed language while Golang is statically typed language. Python is dynamically-typed, meaning that it checks for bugs in the code at run-time. Due to dynamic typing, in Python the same variable can have a different type at different times during the execution.
- Python is slower but Golang is Faster comparatively. Python is slower compared to golang, as python is an interpreted language. The python code has to be converted into a machine-readable form before execution, just before the time of execution, hence it takes a little longer to execute. Golang is a statically typed language, which means no need to check variable types dynamically while executing. Therefore golang runs faster as compared to python.
Happy Learning 🙂