In this article, I will discuss what is the Amazon CodeWhisperer? How do I install Amazon CodeWhisperer? and How do I enable CodeWhisperer in VS Code?
Lets get started!
2. What is Amazon CodeWhisperer?
Amazon CodeWhisperer is a machine learning-powered tool that makes code recommendations based on developer’s previous code and comments, which increases developer productivity.
In other words, the Amazon CodeWhisperer is an auto-completion tool that uses machine learning. This program can assist you by providing you with accurate code suggestions on a daily basis. This increasing your productivity and making it easier for you to code.
3. What are the advantages of using Amazon CodeWhisperer?
- Using automatic code recommendations based on the code and comments in your IDE can significantly speed up application development.
- Without looking for and editing online code samples, you can create whole functions and logical code blocks.
- Ensure that developers have the tools they need to employ artificial intelligence to build safe and secure applications.
3. How do I install Amazon CodeWhisperer?
- You must join a waiting list to get your activation code in order to use this product for free testing.
- Get your activation code by following these steps:
- Access: https://aws.amazon.com/codewhisperer/
- Choose “Sign up for preview” from the menu.
- Complete the form.
- Wait a few days for your Activation Code to arrive through email.
4. How do I enable CodeWhisperer in VS Code?
- Install AWS Tool kit extension in your VS Code.
- Select Developer Tools and then CodeWhisperer.
- Enter the activation code.
- To launch the CodeWhisperer Terms and Conditions window in a new VS Code tab, expand CodeWhisperer from the Developer Tools navigation bar and select Enable CodeWhisperer.
- Click the Accept and Activate CodeWhisperer button in the CodeWhisperer Terms and Conditions window to accept the terms and turn on CodeWhisperer for the toolkit.
- The CodeWhisperer menu gets updated with new features and options after CodeWhisperer has been enabled and activated.
A general-purpose, machine learning-powered code generator called Amazon CodeWhisperer gives you real-time code suggestions. CodeWhisperer dynamically creates suggestions while you write code based on your previously written code and comments. The breadth and scope of your unique recommendations can range from a single line comment to completely developed functionalities.